Virtual Design & Construction
Visualizing a project goes beyond simply viewing in 3D. Virtual Design and Construction (VDC) establishes reliable information and allows for quick and easy decision making. Our specialized experience, team and VDC tools advance cost estimating, cost modeling, value enhancement, early schedule planning and collision detection.
Overall Benefits of Using VDC Tools
- Accelerated Construction Schedule
- Early 3D/Visualization of design and program concepts
- Real Time Cost Estimating
- Direct & Measurable Savings to Project Budget
- Improved Building Sustainability
- Integrated Team Approach
- Shared Forum of Communication
- Enhanced Field Operations
Using Building Information Modeling (BIM) includes trained specialists and full working knowledge of the Autodesk software suite (Revit/Navisworks) to ease communication. Our current design application for three-dimensional design allows the project team to explore, conceptualize and demonstrate the character of the design during the different stages of the development process.
Over the last five years, using BIM has significantly enhanced our ability to identify and avoid conflicts before the building is constructed. Today, BIM provides numerous advantages directly to the project, project team and client. Modeling provides enhancements on many levels – including:
- Integrated team on M/E/P and structural systems
- Collision Detection
- Improved construction sequencing and staging of materials
- Field conflicts are eliminated, and rework is expedited
- Design accuracy for warehouse fabrication and assembly
- Improved productivity and sequencing
- Use-able as-built documents
PlanGrid provides the capabilities to update construction documents electronically and automatically synchronize amongst project team users across multiple platforms (PC/Android/iOS), regardless of the user’s physical location – office or field. Therefore, the entire project team works off the same set of documents in real time, assuring the drawings never become outdated.
Sketch Up provides a full-scale 3D mock-up of the project. Users can provide site logistics and draw plans, elevations, details, thus turning models into animated walkthroughs.